In order for a training method to be effective, it is important to train at an Effective Intensity. The body needs to reach a certain threshold of exercise intensity to stimulate the body’s adaptive changes. Reaching the intensity threshold depends on many factors such as body type and fitness level, and is different for everyone. When the body is training at an effective intensity and the muscles are being effectively stimulated, the results can be maximized. The Magic Five, developed by Sebastien Lagree for the Lagree Fitness Training Method utilizes 5 key elements to reach Effective Muscle Stimulation:
1. RESISTANCE: Lagree Fitness uses spring resistance which allows for progressive resistance allowing the muscles to work to their maximum threshold of intensity at their strongest, and giving support and stability to the joints and connective tissue at their lightest. The tension from the springs is constant and does not rely on gravity to provide resistance.
2. RANGE OF MOTION: The Lagree Fitness equipment can adjust the distance and direction the body and muscles move and target both the larger fat-burning extrinsic muscle fibers, as well as the connective intrinsic muscle fibers.
3. ANGLE: The Lagree Fitness equipment is adjustable to allow for training at different angles or at an incline to help recruit different muscle groups and train functional movement patterns.
4. TEMPO: Lagree Fitness utilizes slow and controlled movements. None of the movements are performed using momentum. When working with and against resistance slowly, the tension on the muscles stays constant, recruiting more muscle fibers. Working the muscles with control keeps the joints safe and stimulates the intrinsic muscle fibers and connective tissues. Slow and controlled movements activate the slow-twitch fat-burning muscle fibers in body, effectively stimulating the body for maximum results.
5. DURATION: In all of the movements in the Lagree Fitness Training Method, multiple muscles are being worked at the same time. In some movements over 600 muscles at once! This is extremely time efficient to burn more calories, developed strength faster, and train balance and coordination- But the moment the muscle is allowed the relax, the set loses it efficacy. Each set is performed with constant tension for enough time to trigger the intensity to stimulate the body’s adaptive changes.